Sunday, March 15, 2009

Why I declined an opportunity to migrate to Australia?

A couple of months before, an Indian girl studying in Sydney approached me for a short term math coaching. I don’t generally take short term coaching. But she came with a recommendation from a friend of mine that I could not refuse.

At the end of the training, she asked me if I can migrate to Australia where I can earn triple the amount I am earning now. The offer was tempting.

Seeing my hesitation, she even offered to pay for my flights to Sydney to attend the routine interview. I said I will think about her invitation. There is still the expense for the return flight to consider.

I didn’t want to take the risk. However I checked out cheap flights to Sydney and I found that to be beyond my means. But that girl persisted. She suggested that I look at travel.com.au, one of the oldest and most dependably Australian travel web sites where I can compare the prices of various airlines including Qantas, Jetstar and Singapore Airlines.

Hmm… no, finally I decided that I won’t reconsider. My roots are here and I feel I am leading a comfortable life here. I am earning enough money already.

Life is too short to long for money.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: