Saturday, March 14, 2009

Learn all about file extensions.


I have created a new blog three days before. It has funny pictures and videos, jokes and cartoons and very rare paintings. My son used to send me so many emails that contain the above. I like every one of them and thought of sharing through a blog.

But I didn’t know I have to know about various file formats in order to save and upload the images and videos in my blog. Till now I never looked at the three letters that are followed after the dot.

For example, wmg, mdi, jpeg etc were always there but I never even looked at them till now. But now, I am forced to learn several file extensions that I find it difficult cope up with.

I sought my son’s help. He directed me to computerfileextensions.com and asked me to study the information given there. My God, I was astonished to find a big, big list of file extensions arranged in alphabetical order.

I wanted to learn about file extension dmg and file extension mdi among other frequently used file extensions like file extension mpeg, jad, ppt, etc.

After I passed out a test held by my son, he then asked to read about the unique software called 'Regcure' that is supposed to fix some of the registry related errors that arise due to different file extensions.

After spending about 15 minutes in computerfileextensions.com, I gave up and surrendered at my son’s computer knowledge. For your information, he is a computer science engineer working as a software engineer in an IT firm.

But I wish, computerfileextensions.com offered a more easy way to search and locate the file extension one is looking for. Overall, this site is very useful for all computer users.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: