Thursday, September 02, 2010

A visit to Mannargudi.


I took two days off to visit a temple function in my husband's ancestors' town. We along with my husband's brother's family hired a comfortable air-conditioned van and traveled nearly 1000 KMs and visited several temples of great importance.

We performed a special pooja in one of the temples and my husband's family had been doing it on a particular day for the past 5 generations.

I was awestruck with the beauty of the idol of Lord Rajagopalan in Mannargudi. My husband's family is acknowledged by the authorities of the temple with great reverence. I felt honored and proud to belong to such a respected family.

One of the calves you see in the picture above was donated to the temple by the forefathers of my husband's family.

In addition, the two days absence from the work was refereshing. So, here I am, back to the world of mathematics.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: