Thursday, September 02, 2010

A jammed lock and the merciless clock.

Yesterday, I again got locked inside my bedroom due to faulty door hardware. This time, it happened at 4.30 AM. I panicked because I had to go to my office at 5.30 AM.

As they say, misfortunes don’t come in singles; yes, it was raining too. I won’t be able to seek a carpenter’s help till 9.00 AM!

I have only to blame myself. In spite of repeated warnings from the carpenter who rescued me twice already that I need to replace the door hardware, I ignored on the pretext that these mishaps don’t occur frequently. The door lock on the bedroom door is vulnerable even to mild breeze and gets jammed.

I prayed to God that the moment I am out of the locked room, I will head directly to the mall and buy a door lock that will answer only its keys.

God was kind; I pushed for the last time with all my strength and miraculously, I was staring the clock on the living room wall. It showed 9.00 AM.

Even after an hour, I did not step out of my house to go to the mall to buy the new door hardware. Do you think I need one more lesson?

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: