Friday, June 20, 2008

Who is a Mechanic’s Lien Attorney?

My husband’s golf companions comprise a diverse group of businessmen, lawyers, film personalities including a mathematics teacher. Yes, that’s I but I am literally a companion. I accompany him to golf course just to chat with other female companions like me.smile

Last week, I was introduced to a fine looking lady, tall and aristocratic looking. Bit taken aback by her looks, many kept a distance except me who captures the first opportunity to launch myself off into non-stop nonsense. I love talking much to the chagrin of my husband.

The new companion is a practicing Mechanic’s Lien attorney. I stared at her blankly. My self importance took a beating but only temporarily. Seeing my sudden defensiveness, she was kind enough to explain that a mechanic's lien is a legal hold against the owner of real property if he defaults payment to contractors after they have put in considerable amount of labor and material to develop the property into a building.

My new friend specializes in drafting a waiver for mechanic’s lien. I asked her what her husband is.

“He is a building contractor”.lol

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: