Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The drug reference guide from Epocrates.

I believe everyone in their lifetime comes across a bit of unconditional love which takes them by surprise but not immediately. Only after the effect of unconditional love settles in, the mind send signals to the brain which in turn decodes, analyzes, interprets and pass it on to the nerves and then only we feel the emotion-the emotion of gratitude.

The first time I experienced this gratitude which automatically brought tears in my eyes was when my father was fighting for his life. His body did not respond to several medicines. The doctors were baffled.

One afternoon, a doctor not attached to the hospital where my father was admitted heard about my father’s condition and studied for a long time his case record. Suddenly he pulled out his PDA, referred his drug reference guide online, made a few overseas calls and wrote out something to the doctors who were treating my father.

He simply walked away without even bothering to acknowledge the thanks from other doctors. It is needless to say that what he wrote-the medicines worked on my father.

With the Epocrates’ drug reference guide loaded on their PDA , clinicians can immediately access the information needed to make prescribing decisions – such as drug dosing, side effects and health plan coverage.

This announcement was paid for by Epocrates

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: