Friday, July 11, 2008

Stone sinks for your farmhouse.

The farmhouse that my husband’s brother has just bought is nearly 65 KMs away from my house. So, we packed plenty of snacks and Coke and left our house by 6.30 AM last Sunday.


The drive through the coastal area was breezy but still warm. It took us about 80 minutes to reach the farmhouse. The moment we reached, we were taken to the small guest house and we made tea.


Just then I noticed a double sink made of stone. It was odd and that was the first time I saw a double sink. My husband’s brother explained to me that most of he farmhouse sinks are made of stones as the neighborhood is surrounded by rocky hillocks.


The care taker of the farm brought plenty of fresh vegetables and greens. The sight of them kindled hunger in us and I took charge of preparing a light meal but used all the vegetables and greens.

A memorable and refreshing trip it was.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: