Thursday, March 18, 2010

India Infoline rejects ration card because it is in Tamil.

Here is one more outlet that disrespects Tamil. This is highly infuriating to me.


It goes like this:
I sought assistance from India Infoline, a leading share broking company in India and has branches in every state of India. Two executives came to my residence and patiently explained about how to trade in commodities online. They resolved another minor issue that has been bugging me for so long.

When they asked for proof of my residence (yes, ridiculous as they were sitting in my residence and asking me to prove that I live there), I gave a photostat copy of the ration card issued by the Government of Tamilnadu. Ration card is the only authentic proof of residence and it is accepted by even the Government of India and all the leading banks in India.

But India Infoline executives refused to accept my ration card stating that it is in Tamil! How dare can they reject the local language when they are functioning in the state of Tamilnadu. This is a shame to our Government. Such disrespect to Governmental paper is highly condemnable.

Will the Government of Tamilnadu take notice of this and take appropriate action.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: