Monday, May 12, 2008

Millions would have been fed.

Sometime back I wrote a blog post on the water crisis in an African nation. Children are said to be dying by drinking filthy water.

Such news though rare, make me think that the UN is becoming inert. The UN is all the time have to grapple with the U.S.'s unpopular foreign policy.

Well, I am not here to discuss the whims of Bush; I am drawing your attention to the world's biggest money game-the IPL T20 cricket. If one cares to read the amount of money involved in the money hungry circus, one would like to know where all the money was?

Millions of dollars kept poring in from industrialists, corporate houses and film actors. I dare not make an estimate of the approximate amount they have put in. But even a quarter of it could have solved that water crisis of the African nation.

I am not saying that the T20 itself should not have been organized but such an energy from all the levels could have done wonders otherwise.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: