Thursday, May 22, 2008

Amazon's storage services.

I use flash drive. Every single byte of information related to my work or fun is stored in my pen drive. I do not store anything in my hard drive.

Though this gives me a sense of relief from the fear of hard disc crash, I am still afraid the same might happen to pen drives too. Does anyone know a pen drive hat can last 10 years or more?

The alternative storage solution is online storage facilities. When I read about Amazon's S3 web service, I was elated because the service will be dependable as it is provided by Amazon.

"Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web."-Amazon S3

When I opened it in my browser, I saw that this service is made available only to those living in the U.S. and the Europe.

Too bad!

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: