Friday, February 29, 2008

Freestyle test strips for diabetics.

“Malathy, why should you poke my finger tip always to extract blood?” complains my husband. He is terrified to poke his finger on his own to take blood to test his blood glucose. He seeks my assistance.

This weekly ritual ends with his complaint and I too go silent because I don’t know the answer. But my husband should be right. Why we are not allowed to take the blood from other parts of the body such as forearm, upper arm, thigh, calf and fleshy part of the hand to eliminate the pain?

The Internet has plenty of answers for me. Yes, there are test strips that are called ‘Freestyle test strips’ that allow people with diabetes to take a blood sample from multiple sites of their body.

It is being sold at AllegroMedical.com that was founded in 1996 and has grown to be considered as one of the largest and most technologically advanced independently owned online retailers of life enhancing products in the United States.

AllegroMedical.com offers 55,000 products, under 50 medical equipment categories and hundreds of sub-categories. This is quite impressive really-isn’t it?

Do you know about their hugely popular ‘Free Allegro eCatalog’ that offers limited time specials and discounts to anyone who signs up?

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: