Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Forget about SEO.

I was asked to analyse the online competition of a courier company in India. It was not a big task though it is an unpaid job to oblige a friend of mine.

When I sat in front of my computer and started inputting the necessary details in my favorite SEO analysis tool, I was amused to find a few statistics that proved that no one can decipher the Google algorithm and also it seemed that it even surprised Google at times.

The web audit report of my target URL and its competitors threw all my understanding of SEO into garbage.

Conclusion:
Just build your web site naturally without considering the search engine spiders and keep updating the content as and when it is necessary. Go with the wind and participate in a few social media networks and enlist in Google locals.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: