Friday, January 15, 2010

The perfect imperfection.

Do you know why my husband said ok for our marriage proposal? It is because of a fairly large pimple that was ripe red and looked like it is about to burst anytime. He liked the imperfection so much that he advised me not to treat it till the marriage is over.

My God, how embarrassed I was on the eventful day that turned to be the luckiest day in my life! It was a cultural ceremony arranged for the sake of me to meet my man. The pimple was too big to be hidden by any home made paste. The adult acne treatment (yes, I was 26 then) cream was yet to work its magic on my face.

In those days, a bride is usually surrounded by younger girls who giggle and giggle and do nothing but that. Their constant shriek made me very uncomfortable. I became more conscious of the blemish on my face.

But much to the shock and surprise of everyone, I let the acne on my face as it is (my husband insisted) till my marriage and then only started taking the acne treatment pill.

So, girls, know that sometimes acne might work in your favor.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: