Saturday, February 14, 2009

The cheapest shopping place in the world

"Madras" would be my reply without hesitation if anyone asks me which the cheapest place in the world for shopping is.

I am amazed at the price range for everything that is available in Madras, especially in the 'Sowcarpet' area. It is truly a bargainer's place for shopping.

My son is leaving for Hyderabad on Monday for a three month training session. He wanted a 'pull on' type luggage and he also told me where I can buy it cheaply.

I took a local train to Madras Central and from there I reached the shop by walk. I headed straight for the luggage section and I was amazed at the great range of luggage. I spotted the one I wanted and asked for its price.

I was prepared for the price and when I offered to pay nearly 25% less, the shop owner agreed though reluctantly.

I browsed the shopping mall and saw the big range of imported goods that are cheaper than elsewhere in Madras.

No wonder, Sowcarpet is the busiest shopping area in good old Madras.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: