Friday, September 26, 2008

Easy to use language learning software.


I didn’t know people are interested in learning foreign languages still. I assumed the craze for other languages subsided long back. It was in the year 2001, when my son wanted to learn Japanese though I counseled him to learn Spanish. Even my husband chipped in his support and showed his knowledge of a few Spanish words. He belonged to the age of good old western movies and thus developed a liking for Spanish language, Spanish food and even Spanish women! (How dare?)

So, when a few weeks earlier one of students showed me a few audio teaching aids that contained Spanish language software, I was surprised but was happy too that people sustained interest in foreign languages. Spanish is the second most spoken language in the Untied States and the official language of over 21 nations.

My student boasted of her newly developed knowledge by throwing in a few trivia and here is one that amused me.

"Basque (native name: euskara) is the language spoken by the Basque people who inhabit the Pyrenees in North-Central Spain and the adjoining region of South-Western France."

My student informed other students of the class about Transparent.com, a website dedicated to selling language learning software. They sell audio CDs. Language learning suites for more than 100 languages. (No my native language was not among the 100) (Smile)

Every language learning software teaches one, the pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary of the language under study. Their language teaching aids are used by top universities across the world, Foreign Service Institutes and Defense department.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: