Thursday, January 31, 2008

Know the basics of domain registration.

In the year 2000, I registered my first domain. Before registering, I read several guides that taught me how to register a domain starting with the name selection. I have learnt a lot from these guides and I share with you a few salient points here.

The name of the domain should be as short as possible and it should indicate what the website is about.

Next, it should be registered for at least three years if the purpose of the website is going to be business as this will instill confidence among the buyers of your product or service. Yes, this made a lot of sense to me.

Next point to consider was the selection of a domain registrar. A domain registrar should have acquired an accreditation from authentic organization. Also you much check to see if they off domain forwarding service and managed DNS service.

The final important aspect is to lock the domain so that it is protected from unauthorized domain transfer.

I hope these valuable guidelines for domain registration are useful to you also.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mala: Came to your site.. thanks for linking to my blogs! Just wanted to say that although you have shown it as Drishtikone but the uderlying URL is spelt incorrectly. The correct URL should be: http://www.drishtikone.com

Cheers,
Desh