Wednesday, July 04, 2007

What is a Middleware?

Is it a 'go between' between software and hardware?

Yes, you can call it so. It is near enough!

Middleware aka 'buzzword' is computer software that connects software components or applications. In layman terms (why not laywoman?) it describes a piece of software that connects two or more software applications so that they can exchange data.

It includes web servers, application servers, content management systems, and similar tools that support application development and delivery.

I looked up on this word ‘Middleware’ in Wikipedia as I wanted to answer a question raised by my son, an engineering student. After I showed this piece of information, he went too technical for me to write here all that he said.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: