Friday, July 13, 2007

Want to know about text emoctions.

In several WP themes, I have used excellent editors in which I can insert loads of smileys and emoctions. It made my blog post livelier and I can express several things ina single emoction.

It is too bad that blogger editor doesn't come with smileys. I happened to read an interesting article on text emoctions:

Cknow.com says, "Emoticons are ASCII glyphs originally designed to show an emotional state in plain text messages. Over time they have turned into an art form as well. In most cases, emoticons are constructed to be viewed by tilting your head left so the right side of the emoticon is at the bottom of the 'picture.'"

This impressive list of hundreds of text emoticons places the most commonly used "smilies" at the top of the page with the often humorous ones to follow. Here are a few examples.... :-)

    !-( Black eye

    %-() Monkey face

    :-+ Too much lipstick

    :-3 Eaten a lemon; Handlebar mustache

    :-(>~ "I just washed my goatee, and I can't do nuthin' with it."

Please visit this link: Computer Knowledge Emoticons

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: