Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I saved my neighbor Rs.4 lakhs.

Akash, my neighbor’s son was my student last year. He scored good marks overall but not good enough to secure admission in top colleges.

After much pondering, he has decided to join the same college in which my son was studying B.E. Computer Science. But he was asked to pay a huge donation.

His mother told me this last night. I was really sad to hear this. Then she asked me if I know of any distance learning option and get a degree from a recognized university. I said yes but Akash did not favor this. He said he will miss all the thrills and fun of attending regular college.

Then I sat down with him and explained about Capella University, the reputation it has, its excellent faculty members such as Sara Orem who has co-authored a new book titled Appreciative Coaching: A Positive Process for Change etc.

I told him that Capella is offering 82 graduate programs and that about 18000 students from 56 countries are studying in Capella through distance education. More over he can save his parents their hard earned money which should be his prime responsibility.

Finally, I think he made up his mind.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: