Wednesday, July 04, 2007

What is a BioAbacus?

Parents' life is not as easy as someone would think. I put up a strong argument whenever someone says that my life is easy and relaxed now that my son is studying in final year and all my worries are over.

Nobody realizes that I have to do plenty of home work on behalf of my son though not in the literal sense. I am sure many parents are sailing with me in the same boat.

I was asked to find some rare information for my son's upcoming seminar on biogenetics (?). I happened to stumble upon a website called BioAbacus which is a searchable database of abbreviations and acronyms in biochemistry, cell biology, computers and internet, biological medical and computer journals, laboratories, molecular biology/genetics, neuroscience etc.

The data provided include the name of the term, its meaning, the category in which it is mostly used and, when available, a link in which additional information for the term can be found.

But do you know what happened? All the search results produced a 404 error. So I was back to square one and start my search again.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: