Monday, September 26, 2011

Wireless barcode scanner with Bluetooth.

Once again, the local supermarket near my house either hired a wrong billing clerk or using an outdated barcode scanner. The billing clerk was finding it difficult to hold the barcode scanner in her hand which made her look clumsy and inefficient. The line in front of her grew impatient.

I thought it was easy to handle these wireless barcode scanners. With the advent of Bluetooth technology, a billing clerk can use it several feet away from the checkout counter.

I waited for my turn patiently. When I got to her, I asked her what her problem was. She informed that there is nothing wrong with the device. A particular supplier’s products carried barcode which the scanner failed to read correctly at the first attempt.

I understood and promised her that I will inform the purchase manager about this.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: