Wednesday, March 02, 2011

I had no clues about pool cues.

With difficulty, I suppressed my boredom at the pool club where my son took me once to show off his snooker skills. I took a vantage seat, accepted a Diet Coke and started looking elsewhere promptly.

A few ‘ahs’ and ‘ohs’ made me turn at the direction of the pool table. Only then, I noticed a big stand at the far end of the wall that stored several pool cues. I could not understand why there were so many pool cues and why the players took considerable in choosing a cue from the cue shelf.

A cue is a cue to strike the colorful balls on the pool table (I had a secret desire to own one shining blue ball)-right? What more purpose it has?

I picked up an idle conversation with a pool player sitting beside me. He sure gave me a look that showed contempt because of my questions on this rather lazy sport.

Fortunately, before he got up in disgust, my son returned and I gladly escaped from more humiliation.

Do you have a similar experience?

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: