Monday, May 24, 2010

Want an affordable e-commerce shopping cart?

A brief encounter with an aspiring internet entrepreneur turned out to be a learning experience. My pride ate humble pie in the end. I thought I know everything about online credit card processing, how a new e-commerce merchant pays huge sum to get a shopping cart integrated in his website.

This knowledgeable person enlightened me that credit card processing online need not be an expensive expenditure. He showed me how he pays just 1% of the transaction amount as credit card processing fee.

I told him that I am aware of such low fees but …. He interrupted me by literally demonstrating how he set up a shopping cart with the help of a seven year old credit processing service provider. He told me that he was once using their retail credit card swiping machines in his florist shop and was quite impressed with their secured transactions.

I thanked the internet businessperson sincerely for giving me new insights on various aspects of a secured e-commerce shopping cart.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: