Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sluggish growth in baby clothes segment.

Indian mothers (I too) do not have great taste while selecting baby clothes and baby toys. Well, we are not to be blamed at all for this shortcoming.

Not many western baby dresses manufactures have set up shop in India. In fact, even today, I do not know of any exclusive baby shop to sell tastefully designed baby dresses. We simply are not exposed to new ideas in baby dresses.

We see the banal frocks with big fluffy sleeves that I wore 48 years ago! The scene in the baby products industry is very much the same since I know when my son was born 24 years ago.

Why this sluggish growth in baby clothes segment? Why there is no inspiration at all from dress designers? Why are they putting their efforts to satisfy youth only?

I request the fashion designers to look into this lacuna. We don’t lack talent; we simply lack exposure.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: