Wednesday, April 07, 2010

A breezy encounter with a journalist from 9.9 school of Convergence.

It is not everyday that you meet someone that has commented on your blog post-right? I sometimes visualized meeting one of those faceless bloggers that has made a sensible comment on my blog article.

At last, my visualization became true. I recently met a working journalist. She is a graduate of 9.9 School of Convergence. She majored in applied journalism.

We met in the air-conditioned comfort of a big hall. Her questions on my blog revealed that she is a pro. After I answered patiently all her questions, I took my turn and became the interviewer.

Here is a brief summary of her answers to my questions:

9.9 School of Convergence is an institute with a difference.

Their approach to the training of the journalism students is very professional and thorough.

Even before a student completes the course, he is exposed to real time assignments and the students are allowed to build a captivation portfolio.

9.9 School of Convergence engages some of the top international journalists as faculty.

The journalist showed a few photos of the school. I must accept that they depicted wonderful infrastructure.

At present, aspiring journalists are encouraged to apply for the PG Diploma in Applied Journalism and Media Communication.

Finally, I asked the journalist whether this particular meeting is also a part of her ’on field’ assignment. She politely said no and said the meeting was indeed an accident.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: