Sunday, February 14, 2010

What a waste!

I was sitting in a mini hall and listening to the parents of my students who were shamelessly praising my service to students’ community. I was thoroughly embarrassed and got up to intervene and veer the topic away to something more common to all those who were present.

One of the participating parents who is also a doctor started speaking about the students’ habit of eating junk food and how parents have to tell them about colon cleanse and how colon cleansers act to remove all the accumulated waste in the body’s digestive system and refreshes one’s metabolism.

The doctor went on for more than 5 minutes about body’s waste removal using colon cleansers and how detoxification improves the mental condition that was also soggy because of toxins.

Since the topic of colon cleansers was not my forte, I sat listening and at the same time watching others’ faces for signs of boredom.

One boy caught my eye and smiled at me. Encouraged by my attention, he stood up and said ‘What a waste!”.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: