Friday, February 05, 2010

Anything more unique than stainless steel backsplash?

I should be ashamed to ignore my inner voice that kept me urging to look up the meaning for backsplash whenever I came across the word in newspapers. Just an hour before I had another opportunity to look it up when my neighbor invited me to her house to show how she modified her kitchen with stainless steel backsplash.

An alarm bell rang inside me. I must rush to find out what is meant by stainless steel backsplash before I entered her house. My prestige was at stake.

But before I could ask to be excused for sometime, she literally dragged me into her kitchen and she the wall around the stove was covered in Cobalt blue metal surface.

Oh, is that what they call backsplash-the area that protects the wall from splashes of oil and grime?

So, all along I knew it but only didn’t know the word backsplash. In my house, that area is covered by ceramic tiles.

I decided then and there that I will find something more unique to cover the kitchen walls.


Image courtesy: Google images

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: