Thursday, February 25, 2010

To die or not to die…

Life is not all that short these days considering the cost we incur even after our death. Oh, I mean ‘even after the death of our relatives and friends”. Yes, you guessed it right; I am referring to the current funeral costs which would make one really wish the local Government bears the funeral costs of at least poor people who mostly die because at the outset, they could not afford the medical cost.
Everything related to funeral that include undertaker’s bill, cost of cemeteries and other governmental fees are almost beyond the means of most families
I witnessed heart breaking scenes last week when the father of one of my students died and he was not doing well by any means. In fact I was approached for some financial help to meet the funeral costs.
I quickly emptied my purse and rushed out of the house.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: