Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Indian railway budget today.


The Indian railway budget would be presented today by the railway minister Dinesh Trivedi. The world's second largest railway network is anxiously awaited by train journey lovers like me.

It is rumored that there won't be any passenger price increase this year. If it becomes true, I would be relieved as I am planning for three big trips before December 2012. As I always travel by a/c class, any hike in fares would force me to re-plan my trips to Rajasthan, North East India and Kerala.

The newspapers say that the Indian Railways is always short of earnings and this year it should be around Rs.7,000 crore. That is big indeed! Well, that is not my concern.

I also look forward to see if there are new trains from and to Madras. I would be glad if a new train is introduced to Goa daily which is poorly connected to Madras.


Enhanced by Zemanta

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: