Wednesday, December 08, 2010

When you need to buy computer video cables?

Sometimes, ordering computer accessories will expose your ignorance of them glaringly. Last Tuesday, when my system engineer (he loves that tag engineer though he is only a hardware technician) asked me if he could bring over the computer video cables to connect my laptop to the newly bought HDTV, I said yes.

His next question was what are the output options my laptop has. I had no idea what he was talking about. Then, he asked me to look at all the sides of my laptop and asked me to tell him about all the ports (openings to plug pins?).

As I was following his instructions, he stopped me in the middle and told me he got the information he wanted.

In a few hours, he came to my house to do his work. I was waiting for him to ask what he meant my output options. He then explained about various video card output options that include VGA, DVI or S-Video.

This time, the way I nodded convinced him further that I am a sub-zero in these things.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: