Sunday, July 19, 2009

Exciting job opportunities at Fourth Estate.


“Mom, look at this email; I am now Karan Makhija’s friend”-my son was excited and looked sincerely elated. He was referring to the email from Facebook.

I stared blank. I didn’t know Karan Makhija. “How can you expect a mathematics teacher to know about movie celebrities, son”-I defended my ignorance.

I decided to share in my son’s delight and somehow pretended that he too is now a celebrity. At the same time I was concerned; how can people take these digital contacts with famous personalities seriously?

My son’s girl friend was by his side when he reported the news to me. She was a budding media professional and already started making it up the ladder. She told me that she will be meeting Karan Makhija on 25th July at “The Media and Entertainment industry conference” to be held at Chelmsford Club, Krishi Bhawan, Raisina Road, New Delhi H.O.Delhi 110001.

The Fourth Estate (the name of the conference) is organized by 9.9 School of Convergence.

The conference will address at the youth who are looking for a prospective career in the entertainment and media industry.

“Oh, dear, the Media & Entertainment Jobs, does it still lure technicians and creative persons in spite of the industry not doing very well in the past 3 years”?-I asked my the young graphics wiz girl.

Unlike my son, she understood my ignorance and assured me that the job opportunities in the entertainment industry will always entice people with burning creativity in them.

She told that the “Fourth Estate” conference is an important event in India and is going to attract a lot of job seekers in the Media and entertainment industry.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: