Thursday, July 23, 2009

AIRTEL takes 45 days to just deactivate a service.

(This blog post is posted by my husband who has subscribed to AIRTEL.)

Mobile phone subscribers in India are prime targets by every advertising company. We are bombarded with spam SMS throughout the day. It is annoying to be disturbed at odd times.
Even though the Government has taken steps, mobile operators in India have not heeded fully to the law.

A week before, I received an SMS from Airtel with home I have subscribed. The SMS gave me an option to stop receiving promotional messages through my mobile phone.

All I was asked was to send one SMS to a number requesting to stop promotional messages. I did so immediately and I received an instant acknowledgment stating that it will take 45 days to implement the request.

45 days! Don't you think one can take a round trip around the world in 45days? Does that mean, AIRTEL, India's leading mobile service provider lacks the technology to simply deactivate a service that did not take 45 days to activate in the first place?

And they say India is a technologically advanced country!

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: