Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Another melting trip to Spastic Society.

This has been my practice for the last 23 years. I make it a point to be in Coimbatore on 24th December at any cost. On this day, every year, I along with a few of my college friends visit the Spastics Children Home.
Our day with these unfortunate children affected with cerebral palsy will start sharply at 6.00 AM. We then go through the morning duties with loud cheer.
Then after a rather sumptuous breakfast we arrange, we engage the children in myriad activities that will fill their memories till the next Christmas. Every year, we do miss a few children as they move away to other caring homes with more facilities. Those fortunate children mostly would have been benefited after successful legal battles that are efficiently conducted by cerebral palsy injury attorneys.
Some spastic children would have found foreign sponsors.
This year, my group was joined by a new set of my husband’s friends. We just returned after melting trip.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: