Sunday, March 03, 2013

If you are a guitarist...



My surprise was played down by my son. He just brushed away my pat on his shoulder for his knowledge about various models of guitar and which brands of guitar is the favorite of top guitarists in the country.  He said the youth these days are more thorough in learning than people of my age.

I knew I was cornered. When I showed him the image of gretsch electromatic guitar (see below), he started describing about the legendary German immigrant Friedrich Gretsch and his success story of making musical instruments since 1883. This is the first time that I have seen a white guitar. It looks magnificent.



 It was obvious that he is keeping track of the various models of guitars, their features and the preferences of guitars of famous guitar players. He keeps exchanging his guitars for every new guitar that he reads about in music related forums.

However, I think he is devoting more of his time in gathering knowledge about guitars than playing them to improve his skill.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: