Monday, January 19, 2009

Peanut butter causes Salmonella!

Thank God I read the news about the peanut butter. I like peanut butter. I developed a taste for it when my sister-in-law brought it from the U.S. years ago. Whenever she came to India, I will get a couple of big jars of peanut butter.

The warning!
The FDA has warned the people of America that Americans should stay away from eating cookies, crackers, candy and ice cream and other snacks that contain peanut butter or paste. The FDA officials are on a war foot work to determine which kinds of peanut butter are responsible for an outbreak of Salmonella.

Amidst all the pandemonium, there is a streak of light; the concern is only about products that has peanut butter as one of the ingredients and not the peanut butter itself.

It is reported that Kellogs which has recalled its Famous Amos, a peanut butter cookie. No wonder my sister-in-law's son likes Indian cokkies only.

Source

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: