Sunday, March 23, 2008

Small business web hosting.


My husband was raising his voice to be heard by the co-passenger sitting opposite to him in the metro railway because of the outside noise. The train was going at a breakneck speed and was crowded. That was another reason for the extra noise.

The discussion was about the advantages of hosting the web sites and blogs on our own. I own one website and 11 blogs. Though I have no complaints with the existing web hosting companies, we have been contemplating to buy our own server.

We can always sell the excess space to others. There are so many college students who approach my husband seeking guidance on various aspects of a web site maintenance and internet marketing. So there is scope for earning a few extra bucks a month from our own servers.

But I remember reading somewhere in the web that many internet service providers (ISP) block traffic going to a customer's Web server. I must collect feedback on this issue.

Who knows, our web hosting company may offer stiff competition big names in the web hosting industry.

Image courtesy:Google images.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: