Monday, July 29, 2013

For the touch of aristocracy in mantel shelves.


I never thought the picture I posted on the Facebook wall of my cousin would be placed on the decorative mantel shelf in her Sussex home. The picture comprised of all the members of my family on my son’s wedding reception.

My husband who is famous for his sharp observation pointed out the new mantel piece in the London home. He told me it must have been recently replaced. He always maintained that the British deserve full credit for the best selection of mantel shelves in their homes. 

Even I too like the British style of furniture. There is a touch of aristocracy in them. If you ask me what is lacking in British furniture, I would say cheerfulness. Hey Brits, no offense intended please.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: