Monday, July 30, 2012

Should teachers wear compression stockings?


I abhorred the idea of wearing compression stockings recommended by my orthopedist when I went to him complaining of the severe pain in my calf muscles. As a teacher, I stand long hours and this pain in my legs is an occupational hazard.

The doctor assured me that compression stockings would certainly alleviate my discomfort. As the TV in his clinic was showing the Olympic Games, he started pointing out the athletes who are all wearing compression stockings.

I started feeling the receding of my skepticism. He then explained how blood vessels that carry blood to different parts of the body stay close to the surface of the skin and how these specialized footwear help in better blood circulation.

I was convinced. Now my quest begins for the best compression stockings.

BTW, which color should I choose?

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: