Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mumbaikars world record of largest sushi mosaic.

Once, a Japanese social worker friend of my husband visited our house. She was a middle aged lady who never ate anything that is salted. She told me hat Japanese don't like salt.

She then told me about Sushi, a sort of vinegared rice and raw fish served in colorful rools, a favorite of her food.

I recall her meeting when I read about a Guinness record of creating a mosaic with different types of sushi that include Maki Sushi and Nigiri Sishi.


This is of course old news. This record of creating a mosaic was achieved by the students of the Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition in Mumbai, in 2008.

20 students used more than 5000 sushi pieces to create a 15.16-square meter mosaic.

I recently happened to meet the videographer who shot the event live. Here is a short video clip.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: