Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What a gloomy prediction!

There is a full page advertisement in "The Times of India" today released by Quaker Oats.

The bold headlines read, "By 2010, 46.9 million Indians will suffer from Heart Disease".
This is the most effective way to poison our subconscious mind. I am deeply perturbed by the way a useful product is advertised. I consume Quaker Oats daily and I love the product.

I am sure there are better ways to take your product to the public. This highly negative and gloomy prediction is not a healthy practice to advertise. There are positive ways to educate people and the present Indian population is far wiser to succumb to statistics based promotion.

Oh no, this is too much folks, just too much.

I have no intention to mar any one's prestige. I sincerely hope the advertisers realize the psychological impact their advertisement might produce.

If I were to copywrite for the same ad:
"The big hearted Indians will have healthier hearts"
" Quaker Oats promises to make the heart of Indians healthier"

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: