Saturday, September 19, 2009

No Internet in Chennai.

Chennai aka Madras is known as a metropolitan city in India.

But the shocking fact is the Internet connection is not available in many parts of this ancient city.

I was misled and deceived by TV ads, newspaper advertisements and announcements that broadband internet connection is just a phone call or SMS away.

There are darker sides to such advertisements.

I am planning to shift my residence and I have been trying to buy an internet connection in the new locality.

First, my existing internet service provider Airtel resolutely said 'NO' to my request for shifting the connection stating non-feasibility as the reason. But the truth is they have provided Internet broadband to a huge apartment complex just a hundred meters away from my house where I am planning to move in.

Next, I approached BSNL, a Government of India organization and they also said it is not feasible to provide broadband internet connection in that area. Their reasons are more shocking.

And this is India for you.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: