Sunday, November 25, 2007

Captain Chris’ close combat training.

The landlord of our just moved in house is an ex-service man. He is now 66 years old. But he says that he is 66 years young and we could not hide our envy. He is absolutely fit to act in movies as a stunt man.

He was regaling us with his military days and the basic training camp that is supposed to be the test of one’s endurance physically and mentally.

He was telling us in great detail about his close combat training and showed us many scars on his body he carries with pride. When my son raised some questions on hand to hand combat methods, he patiently revealed a lot of hidden truths about martial arts and how it can prepare oneself to face any kind of threatening situation.

I thought the craze for martial arts among the youth has long since disappeared but he strongly refuted my theory. He then asked me if I have ever heard about Captain Chris’ close combat training and his dedicated services to this important self defense method.

I said no. I could see his disappointment in his face about my lack of knowledge but he quickly regained his composure and requested me and my son to have a look at Chris’ web site.

An interesting tidbit of information:

Soldiers in China were trained in unarmed combat as early as the Zhou Dynasty during 1022 BC to 256 BC.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: