Thursday, January 25, 2007

Cost Per Term Advertising.

A google adword prompted me to look up on John Chow who promises to show how to make money from my blog without charging a fee.

But when I visited his blog, I got diverted to a term called ‘CPT’ meaning Cost Per Term advertising.

He was referring to a website named Advolcano which says “The CPT model allows advertisers to purchase ads at a fixed rate for a set amount of time. In essence, the CPT model works much like classified ads, whereas the publication, rate, and ad lifetime are all predetermined”.

But John Chow made it easier to understand; “The easiest explanation of cost per term are those Text Link Ads links listed under the Featured Sites section on the right sidebar. Advertisers pay a flat monthly fee to have those links listed there. It doesn’t matter what the blog traffic level is during the month or how many clicks the links received, the advertiser pays one price”.

Oh sure, I am aware of this strategy but never felt the need to advertise(as if I have something to advertise).(smile)

However, I enjoyed John’s humor in this sentence, “From a startup standpoint, a CPT network like AdVolcano is the easiest to start because you don’t need a huge technology infrastructure - only God and Google knows how much was spent on their fraud detection software”.

I saw also noticed ‘John Chow’ as one of the publisher in advolcano’s home page.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: