Thursday, April 26, 2012

Flowers that represent spring better.


I was taken aback by the full bloom of springtime flowers in Mettupalayam. I generally see them only further up the Western Ghats but this year, it seemed Bluebottle and Dianthuses (image below) have chosen to spread to bottom of their hilly homes.



I was born and brought up at the foot of majestic Western Ghats and I learned to name several wild flowers as well as springtime flowers that are mercilessly tied together by florists. I hate when flowers are plucked to decorate concrete jungles. I firmly believe flowers lose their cheer when they are put in bottles and jars.

I know I would be scorned by the world of flower lovers but so be it. I understand florists’ job and I appreciate sincerely their sense of color combinations while arranging flowers in a bouquet.

I am madly in love with Dianthuses and Bluebottle  (see below) which is also known as Cornflower. To me, no other flowers represent spring better than Dianthuses and Bluebottle.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: