Saturday, July 24, 2010

The benefits of hosted email archiving.

My instincts told me to save all the emails I send, from the first day I started my internet marketing service. The initial process of email archiving involved in creating folders for different operations and different clients. As my business grew, the task maintaining the stored emails, recovering them quickly and again archiving in slightly modified folders took too much of my time. In fact, I felt the necessity of appointing a clerk for this purpose.

Then, I learnt about remote hosting of all the incoming and outgoing emails along with whatever attachments that were used such as proposals, project reports and custom developed consultation documents.

The concept offsite email archiving services appealed to me. It could save me from the risk of losing precious data saved on my removable disk drives. Another time saving aspect of remote email archiving is the quick retrieval of stored data using advanced indexing and searching facility provided by the IT service provider.

Though I don’t foresee any events that might warrant me to appear in a court to produce the emails to defend me, this is another advantage of email archiving in data centers as a safe backup.

I am relieved that I found a hosted archiving solution.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: