Friday, September 19, 2014

Using an audio interface to record on your computer.

In this high tech era, even high school children are so computer savvy. At times I feel ashamed of my poor knowledge when it comes to computer hardware though I am able to quickly grasp the nuances of software.

Yesterday, my brother’s 12 year old daughter taught me how to record on the computer and what are all the available audio interfaces at present and how to choose the one that is compatible with your computer’s configuration.

I knew the sound from the CD has to be converted into digital format for us to listen to a song without a CD player. Oh, where all those CD players have vanished since the advent of digital sound technology?

I was further enlightened by her about how professional sound recording technicians use different audio interface that costs more than 1000 USD!


Oh, I suppose I should be satisfied if I am able to record on my computer with the built in USB devices and portals and not bothered with the working of audio interface.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: