Friday, November 14, 2008

Top colleges in the U.S.


I must start compiling a lot of resources now for the benefit of my students who will be completing their school in March 2009. I used to conduct a "seminar on higher education in the U.S." during the month of January every year.

I have already compiled a database of top universities and colleges in America. But I too have to up date my database-right?

I found a website called Unigo where all the top educational institutions in the U.S. are reviewed. It’s seems to be a great place for high school leaving students to find out what life is really like at America’s colleges, and to make friends who can help them find the school that’s right for them.

I read in Springwise that Unigo offers tens of thousands of original reviews, videos, photos, documents and more about 225 of America's top colleges. They have a team of 18 full-time editors, 300 on-campus interns and more than 15,000 students, the results are all searchable within an interactive community built around student-generated content.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Malathy,

Thanks so much for mentioning us! Just wanted to let you know that we just added 1700 new schools in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico to our database. Once students submit some reviews, we'll be creating profiles for those schools too. We're constantly growing!

We'd love any feedback you or your readers could offer. What types of info would you guys like to see? What types of functionality? We're always brainstorming ways to improve.

Thanks again!

Best,
Julia
Editor
Julia@unigo.com

Rangan Badri said...

Oh, how nice to see your feedbcak! Very rarely a blog post is read and commented by the person/organization about whom I wrote.

It means you are constantly scouring the web for a mention about your website.
I appreciate your commitment.

Cheers Julia.