Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Do you know this hill station in West Bengal?

One of the 100+ feed subscriptions of mine is Buzz Feed. I am simply in love with it. The content I get to read in it is just awesome and it is in fact reduced my FB browsing time which is a real time waste.

I love to read about lesser known beautiful places in India though I don't like to travel. It's just that I can pass on my knowledge to passionate travellers.

I love mountains and lakes. They are my all time favorite. Recently, buzz feed sent me this picture below. One casual glance at it and I was hooked.

It is called Sandakphu, located in West Bengal. I read the temperature may go down as low as -20 deg. Wow! That must be chilly. It is inside the district of Darjeeling, touching the Nepal.

It is said that one can see the 4 tallest peaks in the world from Sandakphu. They are Kanchenjunga, Everest, Makalu and Lhotse. The nearest railway station is New Jalpaiguri.


Sandakpju
Image via http://www.buzzfeed.com/regajha/saare-jahan-se-achha#.hyWoLrkWE




Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: