Saturday, December 30, 2006

I understood Ajax at last.

So, I won over a battle of patience at last and decided to educate myself about 'Ajax'.

I have been coming across this term several times in a day and I banked on my dependable wikipedia to learn about 'Ajax'.

Ajax, shorthand for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML, is a web development technique for creating interactive web applications.

The intent is to make web pages feel more responsive by exchanging small amounts of data with the server behind the scenes, so that the entire web page does not have to be reloaded each time the user requests a change. This is meant to increase the web page's interactivity, speed, and usability.

The first use of the term in public was by Jesse James Garrett in February 2005. Garrett thought of the term while in the shower, when he realized the need for a shorthand term to represent the suite of technologies he was proposing to a client.

That is an amusing story.

Now after reading this I immediately recognised its applications; I have seen it so many times
when I book my train tickets on line.

Surely this is an excellent way of presenting data and web forms; it reduces the bandwith of a website, loads the web site faster too.

But what about the SEO aspect of it?
I must find out.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: