Monday, May 11, 2009

I was slapped by an Internet businessman.

The slap was hard but surprisingly the pain didn’t last long.

I contacted an internet businessman and asked a few pre-sale questions. I admit the questions were more but they were normal questions many will get before buying a product.

The reply from that gentleman was, “This product is not for you. I will not answer your questions”.

I was surprised. I was shocked. I reviewed my questions again. I didn’t find anything that could hurt the feelings of the seller. But still he replied like that.

A few years before, I worked as a customer care executive for an online business. My job was to answer emails. For one of the email, I simply replied to refer the FAQ.

I was reprimanded by my boss. She told me this: “What is obvious to you may not be so to others”. The point was very well received by me. I learnt a valuable lesson.

Now, coming back to the man that rebuked me-I replied in a courteous manner and thanked him for his time. He sells a guide to wordpress.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: